Tuesday, February 16, 2010

VANCOUVERRRR!

Well... So much to say but so little time to write it all down!
I'm just getting ready to head into vancouver with Julia. She is working today at 12 so we are going to walk around a bit and get some food before she heads off. Then I have a few hours to kill before the men's short program - but it will easily be filled with walking around and seeing all the cool stuff that is set up down there!

Yesterday I saw the luge. I spent the day up at Whistler - well it takes 3 hours to get up there first off and then I walked around a bit .. got my tickets... then headed up the gondola to go to the sliding center for the luge!
I don't have enough time to tell you all about it right now! But everyone is really nice up there! I stood beside some people - an American couple and a Canadian couple who were there watching together. The American couple's niece is good friends with one of the American lugers and came over and was saying how a group of them were there and they have been with her over the past few years - going to lake placid with her to watch her train and stuff. Very neat story!

I was standing at what I was told is a crucial turn in the course...once the lugers wizzed by we could turn around and see them go around the last turn in the track as well so it was really neat! And it was a good thing too because they go by so fast!!!

There were a few kids that were standing there... they loved it! And there was a group of us trying to get pictures as they went by - there were cheers and claps if someone got a good picture (I got a few!).

Anyways... I ended up turning around at one point and my friend from school was there! So I walked around with him and his friends and got on a bus that took me back to Vancouver (a better bus than the one that brought me there - which I had to get in Burnaby - so I had to take some public transit there).

Anyways! I have to get ready to go! BIG day today! I have taken some awesome pictures and video taped some stuff! It only rained last night on the bus ride home and I don't think it is supposed to rain today!

Talk soon!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment