Sunday, February 21, 2010

hmm

Well I am all packed and I am going to get a few hours sleep before I head to the airport for my 7am flight... :(
I don't want to leave yet! I know that when I get home I will be glued to the tv to watch the rest of the olympics and I won't get anything done haha

I guess the one thing about being here is you miss a lot of what is seen on tv... interviews and all that so it will be good to see all of that on tv at home.

Speaking of interviews though... well I have 2 things... first off I was up at Whistler again last night... a friend of Julia's has a place up there so we went up to party a little bit. We ended up walking past a swiss tv station that was doing in interview... we got right up to the front... and I was on tv for almost the entire interview! lol ... they were interviewing the Ski jumper Simon from Switzerland who won both ski jumping events and as far as I know he won both last year as well! Anyways.. we kept talking to him in between the interviewer asking him questions.. he loved us! And he let us TOUCH AND HOLD ONE OF HIS OLYMPIC MEDALS!!!! It was AMAZING!!!! And we got a picture with him! Soooo crazy!

My second thought though... is I have now seen 2 of our athletes apologize for their non-podium finishes and I have heard that Patrick Chan also apologized. I know that we want to do well at our own Olympics but since when is a top 5 or even a top 10 finish not good enough? Since when do athletes need to apologize to their country because they didn't win? This should not be what the Olympics are about and I think thats what the media is making it out to be. The atmosphere here in Vancouver is nothing but excitement.. and no one is disappointed in our athletes finishes. Sure we feel sad, but thats more for them! Because we know they perhaps wanted more. Our media needs to change its avenue and the way that it is reporting our results... top 10 or top 5 is not a "disappointing finish for Canada"


No comments:

Post a Comment