Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keeping the TIFF spirit alive

Well, I thought I would keep the TIFF feeling going, and I went to the movies last night. I FINALLY saw Inception.

WOW.... what a crazy... crazy GOOD... crazy AMAZING... movie!

I was told that I was going to be confused and thinking the whole time... but I think since I was told that, I wasn't as confused. And I was told in advance that the idea was that he can go inside peoples dreams... so the opening few minutes would have normally been quite confusing but I kind of got the gist of it all.
Although sometimes I had no idea what was going on because I couldn't understand some of what they were saying.... they either were talking about very important things very fast, or it was the asian guy who not only had an accent but also talked pretty quietly... so I'm sure I missed a few things! (Perhaps this is not a bad thing because I'm sure a lot of people felt that way thus giving us all a reason to either go buy the movie, or at least see it again).

The ending, as I was told, is crazy! And it makes you think... it makes you sit and try and figure out what could be going on, but it also made me think about my own life. The whole movie kind of does that I guess. What if we are living a dream?... What if nothing is real? (Although I don't believe this to be true but, it could be I guess)... and if it is.. if it is a dream... is that really so bad? If it's what we want, and we are happy with it?

Thought provoking. Craaaaazzzyyyy good movie! Definitely a must see and I think I will buy it on dvd when it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment