Monday, September 13, 2010

The First Few Days of TIFF

So my first day of TIFF consisted of handing out magazines in Yorkville for 2 hours. And.... although we were in Yorkville, there were no sightings of any stars... just the very expensive cadillacs with stars in them - tinted windows of course so that wasn't exciting.

The next day though, I didn't start until 4pm, so my friend Cara and I were able to go see a movie before my shift. We went and sat in the rush line to see Daydream Nation, starring Kat Dennings. We were slightly worried that we wouldn't get in to see it, but our entire rush line got in!
The movie was really good! It had a twisted kind of love story in it, where you kind of knew what the ending would be, but it didn't just go directly that way... there were a lot of unexpected twists and turns before it got to what we all thought would be coming at the end. But that's what made it good - and the cinematography was reallllly good, I really liked it! It was like a mixture between a Hollywood movie and an indie kind of movie.

My second shift I got sent to the Scotiabank theatre - where I saw Marion Cotillard!!!!! She is GORGEOUS! Her film was premiering in the theater across from the theater I was placed at, so we saw her come out, the cameras flashing, and then she walked past us!!

That has really been the only big star sighting so far.

I worked at the airport yesterday morning though, and I got to meet Lee Pace. (I didn't know who he was at first, but his movie at TIFF is called Ceremony, with Uma Thurman! So that's pretty awesome). He is from the show Pushing Daisies (now over). But most importantly, he was sooooo incredibly nice! We had to walk him to where his car was picking him up, and he talked to us the whole way, and then he had his phone out, and I was like omgosh! That's the blackberry Torch that I want, but Canada doesn't have yet! And he started explaining the phone, and showing us how it works, and all the apps and stuff.... such a nice guy! He was so cool.

Tonight I work at the airport again...from 6:30-11pm. Apparently there are 2 daily flights that come in from LA at 8pm and 11pm... and thats normally the flights that the bigger stars take. Soooo I'm hoping that tonight I will see some more celebs!!!!

Until then, I'm going to relax at home, give my poor feet a bit of a rest. Standing and walking all day gets tiring!


Thats all for now!!

(Here's a pic for ya!)

No comments:

Post a Comment