Thursday, April 22, 2010

Unemployed

Well, I am almost done my undergrad career... and things have not gone as planned so far.

Perhaps it was a pipe dream but... the plan was that I would have a "real job" lined up by the time I was finishing up my last exam ... then I would be able to find a place to live ... so I would be out on my own (renting of course), and I would have a "real job."
I sent out probably somewhere around 50 resumes... I have lost count... and I was feeling quite discouraged. Then I had 2 possible jobs within one week. I had a phone call where I set up an interview followed by a telephone interview for an internship in Toronto.
Both interviews ended up going well... or so I thought..... I didn't get either job. I had gotten my hopes up for something to come from them... I had even gone so far as to get all stressed out because I didn't know which one I would pick if I had to choose. Clearly that was silly!!
Now I have begun my search and application process to some "not so real jobs" - aka more like summer type jobs, or jobs that aren't really what I went to school for.
At first I was kind of bummed to be doing this... but I guess graduating at 21 leaves me some room to figure it all out. I guess I don't NEED something right away.

I had always heard of people having lots of trouble finding jobs after they graduate... and I had seen it happen to friends... yet I still had my hopes up that I would be able to change this and get a job right out of the gates.
As of yet this has not happened.
I guess the story continues... and we will wait and see!!!

Update you soon

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment