Sunday, January 17, 2010

Canadian Nationals

Well it has been a long weekend.... Nationals was here in London!

Friday I saw the junior free dance, and the junior men's final. There are some very promising future champions there that's for sure! Two triple axels in one program.. and an eleven year old on the podium!
The senior events were also exciting, unfortunately somewhat political I think. I probably shouldn't weigh in on it toooo much... but some marks were extremely high for what shouldn't have been. However, most of the marks given at a nationals championship are quite high because we want to make our skaters look good to the rest of the world... every country does it!

I have to say, I wish it was Weaver and Poje (dancers) who were going to the Olympics. Their Original Dance program was AMAZING!!! If you haven't seen it then you MUST watch it.
Dube and Davison were on their game and I am so happy for Annabelle and Cody for making it to the Olympics! They have been through a lot over the years, and of course they train in Barrie so I am very proud!

Patrick Chan was incredible of course - again I think his marks were elevated a little bit, he got the amazing marks on his footworks and such - not that I don't think he deserved it buut the marks were very high. I love watching Vaughn skate, he is sooo fast!!! He had an amazing skate tonight and finished second.

Cynthia Phaneuf is definitely back in the game! Her program was amazing and she was almost perfect. Just a few mistakes, so unfortunately (for Cynthia) Joannie Rochette was able to skate perfectly clean in the long program and take back her title.

All in all it was an amazing weekend....great skating and a lot of battles!
I am EXHAUSTED and I will probably read this over later and find more stuff I want to add later.... probably some pictures alsoooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment