Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm slacking

Okay, it has been way too long since I have written anything... however I haven't felt that I have had anything to write about. I haven't gone on an amazing trip somewhere... I don't have a job to complain about or brag about... And my summer hasn't really consisted of too much... I guess I also am just not sure who all is going to be reading this... probably no one? So perhaps there is no point in updating every little thing.

I have been thinking about what I am going to focus my blog on.... and I think I am going to start mostly posting things for myself... things that I want to remember, or be reminded about in the future. Maybe some news stories that I will want to remember in the future or something.
I will write about trips and things like that as well... anything worth remembering... no rants or rambles really need to occur here.

So I will start this soon... although I probably won't keep up with it too much... not until I get back into the swing of things and feel like I have things to share.

I did just go to Toronto on Saturday though for a fun-filled day and night. Brandon and I went with another couple to the Steam Whistle brewery for a tour and samples... then we headed over to the Rogers Centre to watch an AMAZING Jays game - the score: 17-11 Jays. And our new catcher Arencebia hit a home run on his first pitch in a major league game.. then he just kept hitting more balls and more home runs! The Jays got something like 9 home runs!!
After the game we went back to the brewery, got another sample, and then picked up our 6 pack of beer each that we got with our tour! (Pretty awesome! and all for $15! I think we should make it a yearly thing!).
After picking up the beer... we headed to our hotel - The Hilton - no we didn't pay full price for it! haha Thank you priceline.com! Once at the hotel, we got into the room and started cracking open the beers. Had a few then headed out for a late dinner and then went to Hooters to watch UFC.
Although we didn't stay up too late.. and we didn't see the final fight... (we were all exhausted) - it was a really great day!!
In the morning we opted for Tim Hortons, rather than the $26 breakfast at the hotel!
On the way home, Brandon and I stopped at IKEA and got him some stuff for his new place.

Wow... writing it all out makes it seem like quite the jam-packed weekend! But it was AMAZING! tons of fun and we will definitely do it again next summer!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment